post baby exercise

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Getting Back into it

Well I have been working out regularly for the last week and a half. Before that I was trying to make time for it, but I wasn't very consistant. Miles is now one month old, so I won't be too hard on myself. I've lost half the pregnancy weight so far, but that still means I have around 20 lbs to lose. It seems like a lot of weight to me! I will try to post to this blog a few times every week to let you all know my progress.

So this last week was my first real work out week. I lost two pounds and losing some inches. So my week looked like this: Sunday - an hour of yoga, Monday - elliptical for 35 minutes and lifted weights, Tuesday - stair climber for 35 minutes and abs for 10 minutes, Wednesday - speed walk for 40 minutes (hills) and lifted weights, Thursday rested, Friday - elliptical for 45 minutes and abs for 10 minutes, and finally Saturday - 90 min YMCA class.

My goal is to do something every day. The walks to the park with the kids/dogs don't count. I want to do something that gets me sweating :-) I started running, however I have heel pain that I want to go away. I'm going to stick to low impact exercise the next couple weeks and then hopefully I'll be ready to run! This coming week, I am planning on returning to my spinning class. I want to make it through the class... hopefully it won't be a pain in my butt (literally).

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Charlie said…

    Came across your blog on 'next blog'. Good luck and i hope all goes well. It sounds like you've done amazingly already.
    I put on a massive amount of weight whilst pregnant, it's taking a long time to go! I know how hard it can be to execise with a new born. Keep up the hard sweating.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home