Hard week ahead
This week is full of hard workouts. It started Sunday with an easy long run, however it was in the Garden, so not as easy as one might think. I did take it slow though. Then I did a tempo run with Harsha yesterday. It felt great. I knew going into it that the last couple miles would be tough for me and they were. I started feeling fatigue from Sunday's run around 7.25 miles. Until that point, I kept the hill pace under 9:15, but after the 7.25 miles I was crawling up the hills and feeling weak on the downhills. Our ave pace for the first half was about 8:10, with the overall pace being 8:23. Quite a slowdown for the second half, but I expected it. I am confident that with fresh legs, I can surpass my goal. Harsha will be running the Garden 10 with me, so I'll have a great pacer.
I hit the sack last night at 9:15, so I didn't get in my yoga. I did it this morning, fulling expecting to have sore muscles. I didn't! That is a great sign. I was worried I pushed it too hard over the last couple days, but I didn't. My body felt refreshed this morning... ok, not fresh enough to do another 10 miles, but not sore.
As a recovery, I did my Tuesday spin class where we did sprints and focused on our hamstrings. I tried not to push it, but Pam keeps an eye on me, so I feel obligated. I have to keep that smile coming, even though I felt like resting. I didn't push nearly as hard as normal though, so I can say it was a recovery ride.
So for the rest of the week we have 1min on/1 min off up Barr Trail tomorrow morning, then Ultimate Conditioning on Thursday and a Garden training run on Friday. Not sure if we'll end up doing speed work on Friday. If the ladies want to, I might just do a steady run instead. I don't want to overwork myself this week. I am enjoying these crazy hard workouts, however I am looking forward to an easier week next week!
I hit the sack last night at 9:15, so I didn't get in my yoga. I did it this morning, fulling expecting to have sore muscles. I didn't! That is a great sign. I was worried I pushed it too hard over the last couple days, but I didn't. My body felt refreshed this morning... ok, not fresh enough to do another 10 miles, but not sore.
As a recovery, I did my Tuesday spin class where we did sprints and focused on our hamstrings. I tried not to push it, but Pam keeps an eye on me, so I feel obligated. I have to keep that smile coming, even though I felt like resting. I didn't push nearly as hard as normal though, so I can say it was a recovery ride.
So for the rest of the week we have 1min on/1 min off up Barr Trail tomorrow morning, then Ultimate Conditioning on Thursday and a Garden training run on Friday. Not sure if we'll end up doing speed work on Friday. If the ladies want to, I might just do a steady run instead. I don't want to overwork myself this week. I am enjoying these crazy hard workouts, however I am looking forward to an easier week next week!

1 Comments:
At 1:21 AM,
Anonymous said…
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment
<< Home