post baby exercise

Monday, April 16, 2007

Will it ever end?

I think it must! The last month and a half has been so stressful. Last week was the first week that I exercised very regularly and felt halfway decent. I was fatigued, however I have a perfect explanation for that. I have shingles. Yes, shingles! The Dr said it was a good thing I caught it so early, but that is only because I knew what it was as soon as the blisters started. My stress level hasn't been this high in a very long time. The one saving grace is all our amazing friends that have been trying to help us through all this. It is truly a vicious circle. Poor Harsha has been even more stressed knowing that I am so stressed that I developed shingles. The main trigger for shingles is stress, so we need to figure out how to fix all our problems real soon.

Even with all the stress and the shingles, I am committed to staying with my exercise regime. Saturday I went for a short run, however I couldn't relax and it felt like too much work. Sunday was a different story. I was still slightly sore from my UC class on Thursday (yes, she worked us extra hard since everyone thought we were getting a blizzard). We did a 14 mile run, which I haven't done since 2/4/07. I was very pleased. We kept a 9:00mm pace (2:06:41) and felt strong. My legs were fatigued at the end, but I wasn't dead. That run confirmed that I will have to do more long, 13+ mile, runs in order to make my desired time for the slacker half marathon. If I am fatigued at the end of a 14 mile run at a 9:00mm pace, then I'm not convinced I can do 13.1 miles around an 8:00 mm pace. I have lots of work ahead of me!

So this week will be the usual. I'll do some intervals this evening or tomorrow am, Incline on Wed with the ladies, UC class on Thur, GOG tempo run on Fri, rest on Sat and it is looking like we'll do a trail run on Sunday. My usual full week, which helps with the stress. Harsha will also be taking over and ensuring I get my Yoga time in the evening. The last month hasn't gone real well with the yoga, so I need it. Yoga is so rejuvenating for me, I must do it! Good thing I have such a great husband that will make sure I get the necessary time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home