Getting back into the groove
Vacation was fabulous! We had a wonderful time, however I didn't exercise a single time. It was good for me though. I am struggling to get back into the groove now. I was planning on running a 5K this Saturday. I'll see how I am feeling later this week. I may decide to run it and have fun. I think that will most likely be what happens - run, but not push myself. Right now I don't think I could run much faster than an 8:45 pace. I'm such a slug after our vacation!
I did do the Incline last week, the day after I got home. My lungs were hurting, but my body felt strong. I was sure it would take me a lot longer to get to the top, however I did it in 36:22. Not too bad, especially considering how my lungs felt. I didn't expect that feeling. I guess I thought I would adjust back to the altitude very quickly. Yes, you may smile, I thought less than 12 hours and I would be there. I was so wrong!
I also got in a couple short runs and then a long run yesterday. During the long run, I got a few pointers from my friend who is currently coaching at the Olympic Training Center. I'm so glad I ran into her at the YMCA. I was reading some of my posts from Aug/Sept time and came upon one about how unmotivated I was because of some ladies I met at the Y and how I would be avoiding them all. I'm so glad I didn't snub this lady, because she is a gem.
Right now I am in a good place. I truly enjoy everyone I am running with. I wish more of my lady friends were more regular about running with us, since that is the only time I get to catch up with them. Hopefully we can get some lady nights together soon!
One more thing.... I got IN!!! I am officially registered for the first wave of the Pikes Peak Ascent!!! YAY!!! I am so excited. My estimated finish time is 3:45 right now, but I think I can do better. We'll see how training goes. I will be training more than last time (5 weeks of training), so I think I should be a lot stronger. We'll see after the first couple times to the top. If I can manage a jog above treeline, I will be around 3:30. If I can only hike, it will be 3:45. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can get in enough very high altitude training and build up that endurance level.
I did do the Incline last week, the day after I got home. My lungs were hurting, but my body felt strong. I was sure it would take me a lot longer to get to the top, however I did it in 36:22. Not too bad, especially considering how my lungs felt. I didn't expect that feeling. I guess I thought I would adjust back to the altitude very quickly. Yes, you may smile, I thought less than 12 hours and I would be there. I was so wrong!
I also got in a couple short runs and then a long run yesterday. During the long run, I got a few pointers from my friend who is currently coaching at the Olympic Training Center. I'm so glad I ran into her at the YMCA. I was reading some of my posts from Aug/Sept time and came upon one about how unmotivated I was because of some ladies I met at the Y and how I would be avoiding them all. I'm so glad I didn't snub this lady, because she is a gem.
Right now I am in a good place. I truly enjoy everyone I am running with. I wish more of my lady friends were more regular about running with us, since that is the only time I get to catch up with them. Hopefully we can get some lady nights together soon!
One more thing.... I got IN!!! I am officially registered for the first wave of the Pikes Peak Ascent!!! YAY!!! I am so excited. My estimated finish time is 3:45 right now, but I think I can do better. We'll see how training goes. I will be training more than last time (5 weeks of training), so I think I should be a lot stronger. We'll see after the first couple times to the top. If I can manage a jog above treeline, I will be around 3:30. If I can only hike, it will be 3:45. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can get in enough very high altitude training and build up that endurance level.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home