post baby exercise

Monday, February 05, 2007

I've got a song in my bones

Yes, that is how I feel. The weather is beautiful!!! I have one of my daughters songs in my head "I have a song in my bones and it wants to come out" It's a fun song and describes how I felt on my runs the last couple days. I have so much energy, my bones are singing too!

I had some awesome workouts last week. My hip didn't bother me, except for the last mile on my longer run yesterday. I've been so full of energy that my runs have all been around an 8:45 mm pace. I really need to slow it down for training, but I have been having a great time. And I don't feel tired or sore following my runs, so it's ok to do for a short time. Of course I don't want to do it for long, otherwise I'll get an injury.

I missed my ultimate conditioning class last week, so I did my own version of it at home. Boy oh boy, was I sore! Yikes! The class is fun, but I work it harder here at home. I did 50 minutes of cross training/leg exercises, where as the class does overall body. That explains the soreness. I had lifted upper body on Wed, so Thur I did my legs. I alternated two minutes of jumping rope, walking lunges, and wall squats. In between the two minute repeats, I did various sets of other leg exercises - dead lifts, heel raises, leg lifts, etc. I might have to start doing that once a week in addition to my ultimate conditioning class.

I also made it back to my spin class. It's been a little over a month now since I made it to a class. The Y added a few new times, which makes it more convenient for me to go. My old class was a 5:15 and it really was hard dragging myself out of bed for that!

So this week is wonderful! If there is enough melt off, I want to do the Incline. I'll do a few short runs and then my long run on Sunday. My usual nightly yoga, which really has helped with general achiness and hip pain. Include some lifting, either free weights or the ultimate conditioning class. And finally, I will add a spin class in. Today is my rest day, so I'm going to enjoy myself and look forward to the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home