Dipped below 130
Well I am now trying to eat more in order to keep my weight above 130. I don't think I will have to eat quite as much when I'm done breast feeding, but for now I eat like a horse. I am sitting at 130.2 and I don't want to fall below 130. Last week, I weighed in at 128.6, which got me down in the kitchen for a snack :-) And here is one of the big reasons for wanting my weight to remain around 130 - my clothes! Friday night, I had a Christmas Party to go to, so I got out my nice slacks. They were all too large! I didn't think my hips had gotten smaller than they were before getting pregnant, but apparently they have. And to top it all off, my shirts were too small! Oh, the frustrations!! My breasts are too big, and my butt is too small. For me, it is normally the other way around. I'll have to put up with it for a while longer, since we have another six months or so to go with the breastfeeding.
And on to the exercise updates. We got some very cold weather toward the end of the week, so I was stuck on the treadmill. I've been trying to add in some speed work and I think it is paying off. My really good workouts were as follows: Tuesday, I ran outside and did a little over 8 miles, with an average pace of 8:45. Since the weather was bad Wed morning, I didn't do the Incline. Instead, I did the stair climber with the intensity set to 13 on the speed training selection. It was a great work out! I then followed it with a 3 mile run on the treadmill with my first mile at 8:30 and the next two at 8. I wanted it to be as much like the Wed Incline workout as possible and I think I succeeded. Sunday was my long run and I kept it right around an 8:30 pace. There were a few other workouts in there too, but these were the ones I felt I saw progress with. I've been trying to train my body to run faster than the 9 min mile pace that it is used to and I think it is getting better. Of course, with shorter runs I can do quite a bit faster, but my goal is to keep my pace at or under 8:30 for longer runs.
It's funny how now I am trying to increase my fitness level versus getting back into shape. I still have a little ways to go to get back into the trail running shape I was in before getting pregnant, however I have surpassed my road running fitness level. Since it was summer, I ran primarily on trails, so that has a little something to do with it. Once spring is here, I will start running trails regularly again, but continue running roads too. I'm always amazed at the difference in which muscles you use for each. I enjoy the half marathon distance, so I plan on doing a few of those next year... as long as I can keep myself running on the roads and groomed trails during the summer. It might be hard to do, because I love trails.
And on to the exercise updates. We got some very cold weather toward the end of the week, so I was stuck on the treadmill. I've been trying to add in some speed work and I think it is paying off. My really good workouts were as follows: Tuesday, I ran outside and did a little over 8 miles, with an average pace of 8:45. Since the weather was bad Wed morning, I didn't do the Incline. Instead, I did the stair climber with the intensity set to 13 on the speed training selection. It was a great work out! I then followed it with a 3 mile run on the treadmill with my first mile at 8:30 and the next two at 8. I wanted it to be as much like the Wed Incline workout as possible and I think I succeeded. Sunday was my long run and I kept it right around an 8:30 pace. There were a few other workouts in there too, but these were the ones I felt I saw progress with. I've been trying to train my body to run faster than the 9 min mile pace that it is used to and I think it is getting better. Of course, with shorter runs I can do quite a bit faster, but my goal is to keep my pace at or under 8:30 for longer runs.
It's funny how now I am trying to increase my fitness level versus getting back into shape. I still have a little ways to go to get back into the trail running shape I was in before getting pregnant, however I have surpassed my road running fitness level. Since it was summer, I ran primarily on trails, so that has a little something to do with it. Once spring is here, I will start running trails regularly again, but continue running roads too. I'm always amazed at the difference in which muscles you use for each. I enjoy the half marathon distance, so I plan on doing a few of those next year... as long as I can keep myself running on the roads and groomed trails during the summer. It might be hard to do, because I love trails.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home