post baby exercise

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My weekly update

Time for my weekly entry :-) All is going well. I missed the incline last week due to the weather. I did have some great workouts though. Two spinning classes and three runs. My week was light on yoga and weight lifting, but hopefully I will get back on it this week. I did arms on Tuesday and legs on Saturday, so one can see I need more weight lifting. Yoga was just the morning sun salutations, not a real concentrated yoga session. Tonight I plan on doing an hour session of yoga and do arms.

I had a great long run on Sunday. The first six miles were done at an easy 9:30 pace. We chit chatted and really enjoyed it. After the six miles, I dropped the ladies off at their cars and headed out for a few more miles. I did a little over two miles at an 8:00 pace and then cooled down. I am making progress and not feeling as tired as I used to. After six or seven miles, I used to be pretty tired where as now I still have lots of energy to run. This coming weekend I have a race, but the following weekend I plan on doing an eleven or twelve mile run with a friend on Saturday and then the usual Sunday run with the ladies. I'm really enjoying the weekend runs. My weekday workouts have been switched around so I'm really enjoying them as well. Now I feel like all my workouts are motivating me. Thank goodness for that!

I am looking forward to racing Chris up the incline tomorrow morning. Our usual chit chatting, 40 min walk up the incline is going to be picked up a notch. It's funny, because that really means I'll just try to get up in under 30 minutes. Amazing how cutting out the talking only gives me a few minutes... next spring I'll be flying up there :-) and making sure Chris is moving along with me! I have to keep up my 'pusher' reputation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home