post baby exercise

Monday, August 21, 2006

as ready as ever!

Well I did my last long run before the 1/2 marathon yesterday. I feel like I am ready as I will ever be. This week I'll do my normal workouts and maybe try to get an extra run in. I am barely doing 20 miles a week and that is with the 11 mile long runs on Sunday, yikes. Oh well, I know I'll be out there doing the 1/2 marathon and that's all that matters for me at this point.

My friends that did the Ascent this year all did great. I can't wait until next year to do it! Last year, I finished in 4:12, but next year I will be in the first wave... If I keep running and do more training next summer, I should be able to cut off 30 minutes. That will be my goal. It's fun making long term goals like this, it keeps me motivated, especially during the winter. I will be doing the incline on Sept 10th for the first time in over a year, so that will help me gauge where I am physically. I used to be able to do it in a little over 30 minutes. We'll see how my first time out goes :-)

Anyway, all is going well. I am please with my progress. The clothes are starting to fit better and better, so that means I'm shrinking. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home