post baby exercise

Monday, September 04, 2006

I did it!

I did it! I did it! I completed my first race after having baby number two!! I'm very proud of myself, and my hubby is proud of me too. He said "honey, I don't know any other lady who would choose a half marathon as the first race after having a baby. Most would do a 5k." That is a very nice compliment coming from him :-)

The race went pretty well. When I registered, I guessed 2:05, however I came in a little under 2:11. I did spend almost two minutes in the potty around mile 8, so I'll give myself a few minutes for that. There really isn't anything I would have done differently. I was as prepared as I could be and I didn't go out too fast. I think I did the best I could with having a 3 month old infant. I did lose my drive around mile 9, but that was mainly because I was getting tired. At that point, I walked about a third of a mile and then it just wasn't the same. In the future, I just need to keep running along. It will be easier though when I have more strength and have built up more endurance.

So from here, I will work on getting stronger. Next Sunday, the ladies I run with will be doing the incline. That will be great leg strengthening. The last 2 or 3 weeks I have been lifting weights more, so I will keep that up. I'll be back at my spinning class tomorrow morning. I plan on keeping that up and trying to get more runs in. Before this race, I was only running 2 or 3 times a week and I need to do more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home