post baby exercise

Monday, October 16, 2006

2nd Fall Series

The 2nd Fall Series race was a lot of fun! I wasn't expecting to run through the water with this race, but we crossed the creek six times. Not much time was spent in the water, however running with wet, muddy shoes wasn't expected. There were two hills on the back side that I had to walk. I wish I was in better shape, but that will come with time. And unfortunately, I mean walk... Not the speed walking breaks I used to take when the hills were way too steep to run up (like parts of pikes peak). I did great everywhere else though. The rope climb was a lot of fun. I was worried about it at the start of the race, but by the time I made it there, I was ready to be done with it. The bottom third of the embankment was pretty slick and muddy, which made it hard to climb. The top two thirds were dry and easy to climb. I will definitely do this race next year. I think I will enjoy the next two races as well, so I'll have to run the series again next year. Harsha and I will have to do it together.

As for the rest of my workouts, they have been great! I had a great time in my spin class this morning. I've been working out with some people I really enjoy. It's amazing what a difference that makes. I feel so motivated these days. I'm bummed I was so unmotivated most of September, but I'm making up for it. I have some great workouts planned for the next few weeks and it will just get better from there. I need to talk to a girlfriend about swimming though... my swimming seems so slow. If I plan on doing any type of tri next spring, I will need to improve. So many people I talk to say the swimming is the hardest part. We'll see how much I can improve over the next six months.

And the weight issue... I can fit in my clothes. The weight is a few pounds more than it was before, however I think it will come off with time. I don't want to diet, so I'll watch what I eat and wait for my little one to be done breastfeeding. I think the last few pounds will drop off with no problem when I get closer to weaning. With my first, it came off when we were down to two feedings. I went from 135 to 130ish. There were times when I dropped down to 127-129, but that is a little too thin for me. I'm a bigger medium framed woman, so at 5'7" that makes me a little too boney. My hubby is already commenting on the bones that are poking him! It sure beats having too much wiggly though! There is still some, but we are working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home