post baby exercise

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Week

What a week! I had a great week! My workouts were amazing and I ate lots of food, visited with great friends and did some shopping. It was wonderful. I recovered from being sick last Sat/Sun. I did some hill/speed repeats, ran some great trails, and did the Incline two times. My little family ran the Turkey Trot 5k as well. It was a great way to start Thanksgiving Day. Harsha pushed the kids and I ran along side. Our time wasn't impressive, a little over 27 minutes, however there were over 1400 people running the race. Strollers start in the very back, so we had A LOT of people to go around. The kids kicked their legs and Harsha pushed his way around all those people. Ella kept taking her hat off, so we had to stop quite a few times to put it back on. And after all that, Harsha got first place in the stroller division and won $50 to Colo Running Company. He needs a new pair of running shoes, so that $50 will come in handy. I'm so proud.

I did have a big week, so my legs have been a little sore. I've had many weeks with no soreness, so this is a good sign. I love the weeks where I can feel the improvement... or at least, that's what I call it. I took the ladies on some trail runs and had so much fun. I think I inspired a few of them to go out and buy some trail running shoes. They realized how much more work it is to run trails and loved that! I love it for that reason as well as the quiet. I really enjoy being out with no cars and very few people around me.

So this coming week will be just as good. I can't follow up a great week with a weak one. I won't be running quite as much as last week, however I will be doing a long run next Sunday. The longest run I did this last week was eight miles, so I need to do one a little longer this coming week. It is almost December and I am still going strong. My goal is to keep it up throughout the winter and help motivate my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home