Out Sick
Well it finally caught up with me. The last week and a half, I've been telling Harsha that I'm run down and feel like I am fighting something off. I thought it was a cold, but it was a horrible stomach virus. Not sure if it really was a virus. I went to Garden of the Gods this morning thinking I didn't feel too sickly and once I start running I'd feel better... that's not what happened. Halfway up the second hill, my stomach started churning. I kept a positive attitude and thought I can do this, but I couldn't. About 2.5 miles into it, I was hurting too badly and was worried I might throw up. I made it home and stayed in bed the rest of the day. I felt horrible - painful stomach cramps, hot/cold sweats, achy/sore joints and an awful headache. Around 6:30 this evening, I started feeling better. I ate some dry cereal, first thing all day. My stomach is still cramping up, but it isn't the double over, cry out in pain type cramping I had yesterday evening and most of today. So my longer run for the week wasn't completed. The positive to all this was my wonderful husband cleaned the whole house. Not just picking up type cleaning, he actually moved the stove out and cleaned behind it, those type of things I don't get to very often. It will be great starting the week with a clean house.
I really had an off week. I ran a couple times. I did have a great interval workout. It's been a long time since I've done that. My interval pace ranged from 7:15 to 7:40, depending on the length of it (quarter to one mile). I was really strong and didn't feel exhausted when done. I could have done a few more repeats. This next week should be a better week for working out. Hopefully I will feel 100%. We will be running the Turkey Trot with the kids. It should be a lot of fun. My baby's very first race :-)
And when I'm not trying, that's when I lose all the weight. I now weigh less than I did before getting pregnant with baby #2. I was curious, so I measured myself. My hips now come in at 36 inches, which is five inches less than after having the baby. I really thought they were huge hips... now I'm so much more comfortable with them. And my stomach is back to 25.5 inches. I feel very happy with my body right now. There is still some toning that I'd like to see, but it is getting there. When my clothes are on, I look GREAT! I love being able to say that.
I really had an off week. I ran a couple times. I did have a great interval workout. It's been a long time since I've done that. My interval pace ranged from 7:15 to 7:40, depending on the length of it (quarter to one mile). I was really strong and didn't feel exhausted when done. I could have done a few more repeats. This next week should be a better week for working out. Hopefully I will feel 100%. We will be running the Turkey Trot with the kids. It should be a lot of fun. My baby's very first race :-)
And when I'm not trying, that's when I lose all the weight. I now weigh less than I did before getting pregnant with baby #2. I was curious, so I measured myself. My hips now come in at 36 inches, which is five inches less than after having the baby. I really thought they were huge hips... now I'm so much more comfortable with them. And my stomach is back to 25.5 inches. I feel very happy with my body right now. There is still some toning that I'd like to see, but it is getting there. When my clothes are on, I look GREAT! I love being able to say that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home