Fall Series #3
Today was the third race of the Fall Series. Like the others, it was a half a mile longer, so instead of 5.5 miles it was 6.1. It was a great run. The weather was in the low 70s and most of the snow had melted. It was super muddy, with lots of big puddles. I ran it like any other training run and had a great time. I will admit that I'm not very good at running fast with a couple inches of mud on my shoes. That's something to work on, ha ha. The series has definitely high lighted what I need to work on and gotten me more excited to run trails. Now I'm just disappointed the winter is here and I can't run trails very often. I will be running trails as often as I can though.
Last week was a pretty good week. I had a couple nice easy runs. Monday is my day for spinning and that was enjoyable as well. I am so happy it is time for the time change. Wed is Incline day and it was way too dark coming down. Going up was fine, because my headlamp works great and I'm not going very fast. Going down is another story though. I rolled my ankle two times, thank goodness for trail running shoes! And then when we were coming to the little river, my toe caught a rock and I almost did a face plant. After my almost face plant, I realized how important stomach muscles are! I actually felt my stomach muscles start pulling me up from my lower abs, all the way to my upper abs. I also pulled something, which has made life a little painful the last four days. I'm hoping the pain will be gone soon.
The coming week is looking great. I have some great workouts planned and am excited about them. Such a good feeling these days :-)
Last week was a pretty good week. I had a couple nice easy runs. Monday is my day for spinning and that was enjoyable as well. I am so happy it is time for the time change. Wed is Incline day and it was way too dark coming down. Going up was fine, because my headlamp works great and I'm not going very fast. Going down is another story though. I rolled my ankle two times, thank goodness for trail running shoes! And then when we were coming to the little river, my toe caught a rock and I almost did a face plant. After my almost face plant, I realized how important stomach muscles are! I actually felt my stomach muscles start pulling me up from my lower abs, all the way to my upper abs. I also pulled something, which has made life a little painful the last four days. I'm hoping the pain will be gone soon.
The coming week is looking great. I have some great workouts planned and am excited about them. Such a good feeling these days :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home