post baby exercise

Monday, November 13, 2006

Fall Series #4

I am done running the Fall Series. Race #4 was so much fun. I know I've said that about all the races in the fall series, but it is true. When we started, it was snowing so the rocks were extremely slick. Within the first half mile, I saw three people walking back because of twisted ankles. The race came out to 7.14 miles of very up and down single track trails. I pushed up the hills and took it easy on the way down. I felt strong, however I did fall down at the end... There was about a quarter mile left and we were running in a sandy ditch. When I was coming up the embankment, I lost my footing and fell. I'm so thankful it didn't happen up on the hills, because I would have been injured. With this fall, I sat there, in the sand, for about 15 seconds and got back up and ran to the finish. Now I can say I biffed it during the fall series!

I'm sad to be done with the fall series, but I've started planning the next races. Hopefully having a list of races I want to do will help keep me motivated to run regularly. I'm pretty motivated now, but it's nice having a race list to keep me committed. I had some great workouts last week and plan to do the same this week. I went to my spinning class this morning, even though my body was stiff from the race yesterday. I took it a little easy, but once I got warmed up, it felt great to keep going. I plan on doing a couple runs, another spin class, a few days of yoga and a few days of lifting. I used the race as my excuse not to lift legs last week, so I need to hit them hard this week. I've been great about doing arms, but that's because I can do it easily at home while watching the news.

I've lost another pound. I only have two pounds left before I'm at prepregnancy weight. I can wear my skinny pants now and they look great! My baggy pants are too baggy, so it is time to get the girlfriends together for some shopping. I think I'll be good with three or four new pairs of jeans. All my dressier pants fit great. I got most of those a few months before getting pregnant with #2, when Ann Taylor was having a big sale. I love those sales!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home