post baby exercise

Monday, January 01, 2007

Started the year off right!

Well I started the year off right today by running a 10k. It was a fun run. Too much ice and snow to push myself too hard, but I was still able to make good time. I finished in 55:26, which is pretty good for what I was running on. Last week a girl friend and I ran the course in under 54, so I was thinking I could do it around 52... that was before all the snow. After we got more snow, I changed my mind about what I expected my time to be. I thought I would be doing pretty well if I did 56, so the 55:26 makes me happy. I even won a free lift ticket! It's a good thing I hung around for the door prizes.

Since the new year is here, I have to set a few goals. This is what I have for my fitness goals so far:

1. Run 3 times a week.
2. Do 1 spin class a week.
3. Strength train 3 times a week (class or weights)
4. Do yoga daily, even if it is a 20 minutes session to start the day or relax at the end of the day.

And for 2007 races, I have:

1. St Patrick's Day 5k (it's something fun to do before the parade)
2. Garden of the Gods 10 mile (TC Series)
3. Summer Round up 12k (TC Series)
4. Pikes Peak Ascent (TC Series)
5. ADT Half Marathon (only because I did it when Miles was 3 months and I want to see how I do when I've really trained for it)
6. PPRR Fall Series

It is a pretty full year I have planned for myself. My goal is to stay strong and keep at it. I want to avoid injuries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home