post baby exercise

Monday, December 11, 2006

caught a cold

Having kids is a wonderful, fun adventure, however all those germs that come along with them are getting me down. I've been able to fight off every cold Ella caught up until now. This darn cold hit me hard! I could hardly breath during my long run yesterday and then this morning I woke up feeling like my head was going to explode. And since I am still breastfeeding, I can't take any decongestants. Decongestants will dry up my milk supply, and we don't want that quite yet, Miles is only six months after all. For now, I will be taking lots of showers and steaming my head to break some of this up. It sure does put a damper on the exercising though.

Last week was a really good week. I did my 10k loop on Saturday. I didn't wear my gps, instead I just ran with my regular watch and tried not to pay too much attention to my time. It was a very relaxing run. Since I lifted upper body on Friday, I did have to keep telling myself not to slouch, because I really was sore. So with it being a relaxing run and having upper body soreness, I did the loop 1:30 faster than before. I was surprised. I guess I just need to focus on relaxing more and I can run better. Don't know why I didn't realize that before... ok, I did, but it is hard to do sometimes.

I've also been keeping up with lifting regularly. Last night I made it to the Ultimate Conditioning class at the Y. It is a weight/muscle conditioning class. I am feeling it today in the upper body, but it feels great. I need to start going more regularly, in addition to lifting with Harsha. Everything else is going along as usual. Great running days, spin class, yoga and lifting.

This next week I have some great runs planned with girl friends, spin class, yoga and more lifting. It should be a great week. My goal is to eat a little more this week too... this morning I weighed in at 128.8. Gotta find what makes me a consistant 130-132. Sounds silly to some, but I don't want to keep losing weight. I like where I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home