Hip is getting better
Well, my hip is starting to feel a little better. Yesterday a couple friends and I did a 12.1 mile run. It was about 8 degrees when we started out and we had a horrible time keeping a pace faster than 10 mm. On the way back, however, we picked it up and kept an 8 mm pace. Our overall pace for the run came out to be a 9:10 mm, which is great considering we had such a hard time for the first 6 miles. Most of the run, I felt fine. When we got to about 4.5 miles, the trail was very icy and had huge frozen tire treads. Since the surface was so uneven, my legs were getting thrown around and my hip started hurting. I stretched it out at the turn around and once again at mile 10, and I think that did the trick. I didn't have any pains when I was done. I'll have to keep stretching it out on a regular basis and I think the problem will be solved. Thank goodness!
This week, I plan on doing some speed work, a spin class, my normal lifting and/or class and a few other runs. If I find the time, I will do my stair workout as well. I just haven't been finding time to work out regularly lately. It's been very hit or miss. So this week, I will get back into the swing of things!
This week, I plan on doing some speed work, a spin class, my normal lifting and/or class and a few other runs. If I find the time, I will do my stair workout as well. I just haven't been finding time to work out regularly lately. It's been very hit or miss. So this week, I will get back into the swing of things!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home