Seeing results!
What a great week! I have wonderful friends to work out with regularly and the weather has been beautiful! And to make it all better, I am seeing great results!
So let's start with the Incline. The weather was beautiful at 5:30 in the morning - a great 37 degrees! My Yak Traks were a must. About a third was very snowy/icy, with only toe ledges to go on. The other two thirds was icy, but we could still make out the railroad ties and get a whole foot up. With the conditions as they were, we were able to do it in under 45 minutes, which is awesome. My goal is to get back under 30 minutes, and I think I can do it now if the trail was dry. I feel pretty good about that. It was great to be back on the mountain again!
I've been lifting and toning as well. The muscle definition in my arms and legs is really starting to look good. It makes me feel SO good! I was spinning in a tank a couple days ago and my upper body is looking awesome. I love all the muscles! The veins are a little manly looking, but my breasts make it all look feminine. If my chest was flat, it might not look so good. I don't think my breasts are going to shrink anymore, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! We are getting close to 9 months of nursing, so I think they've adjusted down to what they will be - a great 34B.
And running. Well I did get some quality runs in. One relaxing short run (6 miles). I had a great speed session with a girlfriend on Friday. We kept our pace between 7:30 and 8:00, so I was pleased. Then yesterday, we did our long run. Between miles 4.5 and 7.5, our pace was between 11 and 12 because of the snow and ice. We were able to speed it up on the way back and the last .4 miles we tried to speed it up a little more (I'll admit it wasn't that fast, afterall we just did 12.6 miles). Our average pace for the 13.2 miles was a tad under 9:30 (total time 2:05) . It was a very relaxing run. Around mile 10, I started thinking about my dinner date at the Melting Pot and how I was going to pig out (It was a wonderful date too!! Love my husband!). So with my belly growling, I kept on running for three more miles and decided I need to figure out the best way to keep me energized while I run.
On the plate for this week:
- One spinning class
- One speed session
- A couple relaxing runs
- One longer strength run on Sunday with the ladies
- And of course, lifting/UC class
We'll see what the weather is like, I may trade in one of my relaxing runs for the Incline. But if I can't do the Incline, there is always the option of doing the stair machine workout at the gym. We'll just see how it all goes. When I see results, it makes me so much more motivated!
So let's start with the Incline. The weather was beautiful at 5:30 in the morning - a great 37 degrees! My Yak Traks were a must. About a third was very snowy/icy, with only toe ledges to go on. The other two thirds was icy, but we could still make out the railroad ties and get a whole foot up. With the conditions as they were, we were able to do it in under 45 minutes, which is awesome. My goal is to get back under 30 minutes, and I think I can do it now if the trail was dry. I feel pretty good about that. It was great to be back on the mountain again!
I've been lifting and toning as well. The muscle definition in my arms and legs is really starting to look good. It makes me feel SO good! I was spinning in a tank a couple days ago and my upper body is looking awesome. I love all the muscles! The veins are a little manly looking, but my breasts make it all look feminine. If my chest was flat, it might not look so good. I don't think my breasts are going to shrink anymore, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! We are getting close to 9 months of nursing, so I think they've adjusted down to what they will be - a great 34B.
And running. Well I did get some quality runs in. One relaxing short run (6 miles). I had a great speed session with a girlfriend on Friday. We kept our pace between 7:30 and 8:00, so I was pleased. Then yesterday, we did our long run. Between miles 4.5 and 7.5, our pace was between 11 and 12 because of the snow and ice. We were able to speed it up on the way back and the last .4 miles we tried to speed it up a little more (I'll admit it wasn't that fast, afterall we just did 12.6 miles). Our average pace for the 13.2 miles was a tad under 9:30 (total time 2:05) . It was a very relaxing run. Around mile 10, I started thinking about my dinner date at the Melting Pot and how I was going to pig out (It was a wonderful date too!! Love my husband!). So with my belly growling, I kept on running for three more miles and decided I need to figure out the best way to keep me energized while I run.
On the plate for this week:
- One spinning class
- One speed session
- A couple relaxing runs
- One longer strength run on Sunday with the ladies
- And of course, lifting/UC class
We'll see what the weather is like, I may trade in one of my relaxing runs for the Incline. But if I can't do the Incline, there is always the option of doing the stair machine workout at the gym. We'll just see how it all goes. When I see results, it makes me so much more motivated!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home