The pain...
means progress, right? Oh my goodness! Thursday I did my regular Ultimate Conditioning class, but used heavier leg weights. I was so sore Friday I could barely walk. Sitting on the toilet was the worst, and of course, once I was sitting down, I didn't want to get back up. I tried to show Harsha which exercises did this to me and I couldn't even make my legs recreate the exercises. I guess this all means I am getting stronger, however I don't want to do that again. A little sore is fine. So sore I can barely move around, that is horrible. So needless to say, I took a rest day on Friday.
Earlier in the week I did some easy work outs. Because of the weather, I didn't run outside. My week total for running was barely 20 miles, and that is with a 9.27 mile run today. I did get a workout in at the gym using the elliptical, so that kind of counts as running. That was a 30 minute workout before lifting, so to make myself feel better, I'll say I did 24 miles this week.
Today we ran in Garden of the Gods. A couple weeks back, a gal joined us and decided she didn't want to continue the run after a couple miles. I felt awful. I want to make more running buddies and make others feel welcome to join us. I was so worried we ran her off. So having her rejoin us this morning was great. She did awesome too. Goes to show that we all have our off days.
So the run today was beautiful. The weather was so nice and I felt strong. I have been consistently strong lately. At the end of the run today, I felt like I could continue running for another 3 or 4 miles. And in Garden of the Gods, that is great! I'm starting to think up my goal for the Garden 10 mile, however I think I'll wait until the beginning of May to finalize that goal. I think I can make more progress in the next couple months. Right now, I think I can shave off a good 10 minutes from my time in 2005. I'll just keep at it.
This week, I want to do some quality workouts. I didn't do any speed type workouts last week, so that will be on the agenda. If the weather holds up, I would like to do the Incline again. I also signed up for a spin class tomorrow morning - get to try out the new spin shoes. Everyone says the shoes make a world of difference, so we'll see. I will do my usual strength training, but in my UC class I may use the lighter weights. I know I shouldn't be as sore the next time around, but I'm a little scared. It was really bad! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Earlier in the week I did some easy work outs. Because of the weather, I didn't run outside. My week total for running was barely 20 miles, and that is with a 9.27 mile run today. I did get a workout in at the gym using the elliptical, so that kind of counts as running. That was a 30 minute workout before lifting, so to make myself feel better, I'll say I did 24 miles this week.
Today we ran in Garden of the Gods. A couple weeks back, a gal joined us and decided she didn't want to continue the run after a couple miles. I felt awful. I want to make more running buddies and make others feel welcome to join us. I was so worried we ran her off. So having her rejoin us this morning was great. She did awesome too. Goes to show that we all have our off days.
So the run today was beautiful. The weather was so nice and I felt strong. I have been consistently strong lately. At the end of the run today, I felt like I could continue running for another 3 or 4 miles. And in Garden of the Gods, that is great! I'm starting to think up my goal for the Garden 10 mile, however I think I'll wait until the beginning of May to finalize that goal. I think I can make more progress in the next couple months. Right now, I think I can shave off a good 10 minutes from my time in 2005. I'll just keep at it.
This week, I want to do some quality workouts. I didn't do any speed type workouts last week, so that will be on the agenda. If the weather holds up, I would like to do the Incline again. I also signed up for a spin class tomorrow morning - get to try out the new spin shoes. Everyone says the shoes make a world of difference, so we'll see. I will do my usual strength training, but in my UC class I may use the lighter weights. I know I shouldn't be as sore the next time around, but I'm a little scared. It was really bad! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home