I'm back, kind of
The chest cold lingered around a little longer than expected. I think I am back though. There is some raspy breathing and really disgusting stuff being coughed up, but I'm working it out. My last run was last Wed when I did the spin class and then 3 miles of running, just so I could get a feel for the bike/run part of a triathlon. I need to do that more often, because it truly kicked my butt.
Yesterday I decided to do the Ultimate Conditioning class, so I could get out of the house and get a little exercise. It felt good, however the breathing part of all those weights wore me down. I'm glad I did it, even with sore legs today! Since I do feel significantly better, I decided to run on the treadmill this afternoon. Harsha is home, sick from work. He caught the same gunk as the kids and I, just four days later. So I started right off with the pace I wanted to keep, which was a comfortable 9:05 pace. I find that I enjoy this pace for my easy runs. I kept running and felt fine. I had to get a few drinks of water to hold off the coughing, but it was uneventful otherwise. The last 3/4 mile I went one notch faster, so I was 8:54 (I think) and it didn't make a difference. So with all that said, I think I am back. As long as I can hold off the coughing for the next week or so, I can run. Hopefully the cough will be gone real soon and not take the 2-3 weeks the Dr suggested it might.
One more thing, I really need a pedicure. As I ran, my toe nails, or claws right now, began cutting off the adjacent toes. Ow! I need to get that done real soon, like later today!
Yesterday I decided to do the Ultimate Conditioning class, so I could get out of the house and get a little exercise. It felt good, however the breathing part of all those weights wore me down. I'm glad I did it, even with sore legs today! Since I do feel significantly better, I decided to run on the treadmill this afternoon. Harsha is home, sick from work. He caught the same gunk as the kids and I, just four days later. So I started right off with the pace I wanted to keep, which was a comfortable 9:05 pace. I find that I enjoy this pace for my easy runs. I kept running and felt fine. I had to get a few drinks of water to hold off the coughing, but it was uneventful otherwise. The last 3/4 mile I went one notch faster, so I was 8:54 (I think) and it didn't make a difference. So with all that said, I think I am back. As long as I can hold off the coughing for the next week or so, I can run. Hopefully the cough will be gone real soon and not take the 2-3 weeks the Dr suggested it might.
One more thing, I really need a pedicure. As I ran, my toe nails, or claws right now, began cutting off the adjacent toes. Ow! I need to get that done real soon, like later today!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home