post baby exercise

Monday, March 26, 2007

Getting my energy back

Well I had my first period. I totally forgot how exhausting it is. After my Dr appt on Monday, I decided it was time to get motivated. I am now committed to running 3 or 4 times a week and start doing speed work regularly. I tried to do speed work here and there, but I never stuck to it. So with that said, my period picks the week I get myself motivated to return!

I did do some interval work on Monday. We did eight two minute repeats, with one minute recoveries. I was definitely feeling it. Tuesday I got my period, but I did the Incline on Wednesday anyway. I felt like my lower back was going to give out the entire time. I also tried out my inhaler on Wednesday, but I was in too much of a funk over the period to really know what it did for me, if anything. Thursday I did my ultimate conditioning class. Friday should have been a running day for me, but I rested. I was sooo tired. Saturday afternoon, I got up enough energy to do a 4.5 mile run. Twenty minutes of it was tempo, so I did push it a bit. And then Sunday was my ladies run. I was exhausted and my legs were feeling the tempo run from 15 hours earlier, so I hate to say I didn't have much oomph. Overall it wasn't a bad week. Mentally I felt miserable.

I did map out my periods for the next six months to see if I will be menstruating on a race day. Right now, if my 28 day cycle returns, there is no over lap. How lucky is that!

This week will be a strong week for me. I will do an interval workout, a tempo run, my UC class, spin class and a long run on Sunday. Sharon recommended the two minute repeats, but I am going to talk to others to find out what else works. She said for beginners the two minutes were the best. I should probably stick with that, but I want to explore all my options. A few months ago, I tried doing a ladder interval workout and that was awesome. I might have to alternate between the two. Today though, I'll do the two minutes. It gives me a little over a quarter mile, so it is better than quarter mile repeats but not as draining as half mile repeats, which I know some people do.

Let's hope this is a good week for me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home