post baby exercise

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm Back!

It has been a little over a week since I posted and a lot has been going on.
First was our vacation, of course. We had a fabulous eight days away. It was great to get away and get some rest, but I'll admit I slacked on the exercise. It felt good, even though I had that pestering to run. I did get in a few little workouts and then there was all the hiking, lots and lots of hiking. The couple days before we left I was feeling pretty stuffy and it did turn into a nasty head cold, so I wasn't real motivated to run while I was away. My favorite vacation workout was my Sunday run. My sis and I ran a 3 mile loop at a 10:00 pace, then I dropped her off to pick up Harsha. He and I did the same loop at a 7:30 pace, and then we picked up the neices to do a quarter mile with them. I got a little running time with everyone. I couldn't ask for more out of a workout. The rest of the week wasn't anything worth tracking, so I didn't bother. Then we got home and I didn't have a computer until Sunday evening... which still won't let me onto this blog website... Thanks honey for posting for me!!

I did get home feeling very motivated. I planned to run Saturday, however we had a party to go to and unpacking and the list goes on. Regardless, I didn't get out on Saturday. Sunday we were supposed to do drills, but the ladies and I decided to get a good long run in before the Garden 10 mile instead. We did 14 miles and I was feeling it after ten miles. I forgot how much the weekly runs help my weekend long run. I was achy after the run, but after a shower and an advil I felt great. We spent the day at the zoo with the kids, wonderful!

Yesterday I had plans to do the Incline. I woke up with a very stiff left knee and pain on the outer part of the knee. I almost cancelled, but once I was up and walking, it felt ok. The Incline was great. We chit chatted the entire way up, with a couple water stops, so we could turn around and enjoy the view. With all the talking and the couple stops, we finished in 40:15, which is pretty darn good. I do think I need to push myself one day to say I can do it in under 30. I know I can, but I haven't done that just yet...
I guess I'll make a date to do it after the 10 miler. Anyway, back to the Incline. We went up, up, up to the top of the hill, then down to Long's Ranch Road, at which point, we had to go up, up, up again. While on our way up Long's Ranch Road, I was thinking I mustreally enjoy torture. After doing a 14 mile run Sunday, all the uphill was burning my poor legs. When we finally got to the real downhill portion of our run, I was feeling some pain in my knee. Since I'm not stupid (sometimes I think otherwise), we walked down Barr Trail rather than running. It took us a little over an hour longer than normal, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Harsha and the kids. I took a two hour nap with the kiddos. Wow, I must have been tired! Then I went for my massage. Normally we get massages every two weeks, but since we were on vacation, this time around was 3.5 weeks. It's amazing what regular massages do for my body. I feel like a new lady today!

So what do I have coming up? The Garden 10 is in two weeks, YAY!! I'll admit that during Sunday's run, I was doubting my readiness. I plan to do some half mile intervals on Wednesday, which will boost my confidence. I've been reminding myself that Harsha and I did it under 1:24 just a couple weeks ago and that was in the evening when I am a slug and the day after I did 10 miles so my legs were already fatigued. So if I am having an ok day, I know I can finish under 1:25, but if I am having a great day, I can finish uder 1:20. Of course, I would prefer 1:20, but it all depends on that day.
This week is a little mixed up. I'm resting (yoga) today, Wed intervals, Thur UC class, Fri Tempo, Sat swim, Sun trail run. Looks to be a good week.
I need to figure out what my plan is for the week prior to the Garden 10.
I think I might spend my Wed doing some speed work in the Garden and then Fri do an easy run in the Garden. We'll see after this week though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home