post baby exercise

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fast times...

Fast times? Oh yes! I'm talking about the road bike I was just fitted for. It sure does fly! I need to get comfortable on it, but I was surprised at how fast it is. Those tiny wheels move!! The weather is way too nice to be stuck in a gym doing a spin class, so I've moved on to outside cycling. Plus, I have the triathlon coming up in September too. I am working on getting used to the bike, then I'll be putting on the clipless pedals and getting some serious riding in. A girlfriend and I will be meeting once a week for around a 30 mile ride. The good thing about the bike is that Harsha is just a little taller than I am, so he can use it too - no adjustments needed. Perfect cross training for both of us!

And now I'm sure you are wondering about the swimming aspect of the triathlon? Well, I am meeting a girlfriend once a week at the pool for regular swims, starting next week. I've been doing some short swims, but nothing serious. Now I really need to get in the pool and start working on the lap swimming. Between the swimming and cycling, I think I have my cross training covered.

So workouts for the next month or two look like this - swimming one day, cycling one day, weight training two days, Barr Trail training two days, easy run one day, and tempo/interval longer training (8-10m) one day. It sounds like a lot, however, the swimming and cycling aren't hard on my body like running can be. I'll be right around 35-40 miles of running, which is still high for me, but it has to be that way while I train for the Ascent. As soon as I am done with the Ascent, my mileage will decrease back down to 25-30 miles. I like that better! And of course, the yoga will continue on an almost nightly schedule. I am a strong believer in stretching out the body!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home