post baby exercise

Monday, June 25, 2007

Funny Me!!

Sometimes I find myself to be very funny. In the last .2 miles of the Slacker, there was a lady who comes creeping up to me. I cheered her on! Then when I turned the corner to the finish, she was still right there and I continued to cheer her on. Well it turns out, she got third in our age group! HAHA!! Oh well, next year, maybe I'll place. It did bring a smile to my face when I saw the results though, because I knew exactly who finished 12 seconds ahead of me. She was an awesome runner, just having the same problems as the rest of us in that last hilly mile, so she deserves it.

Anyway, I finished #18 out of 334 female runners. Not too bad, if I can say so and not sound like I'm bragging. I had a good run. Still awaiting pictures, which I know they got some good ones of me. I wasn't dieing, so when I came upon a camera, I smiled and even waved. Boy, I was a friendly little chickie during this race. Hopefully I can keep it up. I'll post pictures on our website when they become available. YAY!!

And one more note - Harsha got his qualifying time for the Ascent. He can now register for wave 1 next year!! His half marathon goal going forward is 1:40, which I know he can easily do, but it is nice having his qualifier out of the way. Such a smart runner!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home