post baby exercise

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Thank goodness for massage!

You can say that again!! This morning I had the absolute, worst upper back and shoulder pain/cramping. I thought I was going to break. I know part of it is from recurring soreness over the past 3 weeks, but I also lifted too much on Thursday. ouchie! I will have to watch the amount of weight I'm lifting!

Anyway, I had a great easy run, well a little harder than easy, but it couldn't be considered a hard run, today. My legs are still feeling a little fatigued from the Slacker. While running down, if I ran faster than a 7:00mm, my legs ached. That tells me I'm not 100% recovered. Going up was a breeze, so I'm good there.

Tomorrow is my first time up past Barr Camp this year. I am very excited. There is something exhilarating about running/hiking up Barr Trail. It really is one of my favorites. We'll be getting in around 16 miles tomorrow, so I'll take a break Monday. Ella will be in swim lessons, so I'll get an easy swim in then. Swimming is another one of those wonderful feelings for me... letting my sore muscles glide through the water. I love it.

So it was a quick update today. I have a few minutes in between waiting for dinner items to cook. We are having friends over, so I have to get dinner done on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home